This is my workplan for the next year or so on openModeller GUI, as a high level overview. I will incororate more detailed breakdown of each task as I tackle it.
- Build omgui as a plugin for terralib
- Incorporate retrieval of remote locality data such as GBIF
- Preprocessing of data in order to remove data of poor quality using automated and semi-automated procedures.
- To preprocess environmental data to compute surrogate variables (e.g. mean rainfall in coolest month).
- To construct an experiment consisting of multiple models using a user selectable range of species locality data, environmental datasets, and modelling algorithms such as GARP, Bioclim, and CSM.
- To postprocess the results of an experiment to produce hotspot maps and other aggregate results.
Phase 1: Documentation and specification of work
- Use case scenarios
- User interface mocks
- UML for software architecture
- Protocol definitions
- Data format specifications
- Release plans
During this stage I will be documenting the functional requirements for each of the features described above.
Phase 2: Implementation
- The standalone GUI application
- Adaptors for local and remote modelling activities
- Adapters for locality data searches
- Re-useable library components
- Unit tests
This is when the build of the coding work will be carried out
Phase 3: Testing and Documentation
- Users manual
- Howtos for creating the development environment, building etc
- Docygen API documentation
- Packages for Win, Lin and hopefully Mac OSX
- Final report